The Bombay Timber Merchants Association Ltd was established way back in 1954 by Late Shri. Noshirwanji Mody to promote the development of the timber trade in Mumbai and its adjacent areas. The Bombay Timber Merchants Association Ltd. is one of the oldest association of timber merchants in Mumbai.
Its members are spread all over mumbai municipal limits. Its office is located at Mazgaon, Mumbai-400 010, a business hub of Mumbai. The Bombay Timber Merchants Association Ltd is a registered association (REGD. NO. 9495 DTD. 1954-55) under companies act and is governed by its own memorandum and articles of association. It has been playing a pivotal roal in the development of the timber trade since its inception.
Aims And Objectives Of The Bombay Timber Merchants Association Ltd.
- To provide a single platform to all the timber merchants of mumbai and its adjacent areas and expand its base nationally and globally.
- Enabling to recover dues of members from defaulting parties.
- Getting legal opinions pertaining to business matters related to government departments as well as keeping members updated about trade circulars from various departments such as income-tax, VAT, Mumbai Municipal Corporation, and similar other government bodies.
- Interacting with foreign delegations time and again to promote global trade.
- Affilated with Indian merchants chamber and federation of association of Maharashtra and support them in times of need to solve common business issues like taxation, duties, octroi, forest and other government departments.
- To maintain and liasion with the government departments to enable them to form policies related to timber industry.
- To be an able facilitator for promotion of timber trade.