Timber is one of the most widely used material by humans. It is also the oldest substance found in nature for the construction and furnishing purpose. Despite its complex chemical nature, wood has excellent features which facilitates humans to its widespread use and application in their day to day existence. It is readily available and economically viable; it is fabrication friendly and can be cut and shaped into any size and shape.
- Remarkably strong compared to its weight
- A good conductor of heat and electricity
- It is non toxic and biodegradable
- Timber can be used in a variety of applications, from housing to industrial structures
- It can be used to furnish the interior of offices, build stairs, podiums and platforms, etc.
There are different types of timber for different uses and applications:
- White Wood